It's been a really frustrating day. I looked over my Grace list and I thought, "Man, it's impossible to think of any today..." But then I thought maybe this is the kind of day that reflecting on my graces is more vital than on a day where graces come easily.
It's been a frustrating day, mostly because of trying to fit into work around here. I've started working full time for my in-laws. I've worked in the office for a couple of years now, and it's been fine, but going officially "full time" as been a bit different. I feel more responsible, and people seem to expect more of me. As they should. But it's difficult to work with people when they are hard to count on. When I'm expected to talk to clients, I need the tasks for those clients done. I feel as though I am responsible and accountable for things that are not in my control. And the person who is in control... he's a really good guy, I really like him, but he's not making things easy for me. There are so many tasks and emails that have fallen behind, and I can't help but wonder what the heck he's doing.
- Kris' mom told me today (after changing her mind! ^.^) that we can have Kris' old crib. One stress down. We had already decided not to spend too much money on a crib, so we were going to go garage saling or something to find an affordable one. (I see girls online spending $450-$500 on a crib. I'm glad that works for them, but I personally feel it is a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a crib.) So it's a huge blessing to have that off my mind.
- Practicing people skills. I've had to practice people skills around the office, not only with co-workers, but also with clients. I've been doing a lot of trainings with them, and it requires me to be friendly, informative, and helpful. Even if they're disagreeable and bitchy.
- Growing belly. Such a joy to see my belly grow. The belly button thing was huge, knowing that it IS indeed growing! I'm sure in a couple of months, I will be eager to get the babe out of there... But for now, in this moment, my growing belly graces my life.
- My husband. He is so helpful, and knows how to deal with me when I'm stressed (most of the time.). :) Sympathizing with my frustration, fixing things to make it work so I don't look like a complete idiot in front of the clients. He's AWESOME. He totally gets extra brownie points today for helping me out.
- Seung ri. My brother, whom I love dearly, has finally purchased the ticket to get here for school. There have been so many frustrating and asinine things with Texas A&M university... (they want international students to attend one day of orientation on May 18th, and then school starts June 1st. What do they expect them to do for a week and a half in the meantime??? Completely ridiculous.) My annoyance level had exceeded 1000%. But finally, he is coming here on the 17th, arriving in Houston, and will be taking a shuttle to College Station, where Kris and I will be meeting him.
Lord, give me grace and patience on this day, when it seems impossible to have grace and patience.