Thursday October 22, 2009, Kris, my parents and I all woke up bright and early at 4:30am. Holy Crap, we're having a baby today!! The hospital bags were packed, but I hadn't gotten much sleep due to my cough that I have had for a week and a half. But I didn't really have a choice - I got out of bed, doubled checked the hospital bag yet again, ate two bowls of cereal - Honey Nut Cheerios and Frosted Mini Wheats. Got dressed in the only pants that fit me - my yoga pants, and a long sleeved t-shirt that could barely contain my belly any more. But I figured I just had to make it to the hosp
It's been a really frustrating day. I looked over my Grace list and I thought, "Man, it's impossible to think of any today..." But then I thought maybe this is the kind of day that reflecting on my graces is more vital than on a day where graces come easily.
- Wonderful in-laws that I get along with, who live close to us. I can't have my family, but at least we can be with Kris' family! I see a lot of people who don't get along with their in-laws - I'm graced with ones that I love.
- Skype, the most wonderful technology ever developed.
- Breakfast. Omelette & hash browns, with lots of ketchup.
- My husband, who has (seemingly) infinite patience when it comes to dealing with me.
- Lemon drops, that my mother in law picks up for me at truck stops. They're the BEST. I'm willing to share. :)
So I was reading someone's blog... I'm not a stalker, but I find that some people's blogs are just fun and insightful to read. I think blogs can be therapeutic, just releasing your emotions and thoughts and such into writing, in the void of the internet. Anyway. This person has started listing 5 things that has graced your life that day, for the next year. I can't guarantee that I will do this everyday... But when I do, I'd like to include it in my blogs.