20 Weeks! That's half way done. :) Or Kris says half way started. Either way, it's an exciting milestone for me. The baby is kicking in there often during the day, and it's such a comfort... What an amazing experience. Kris also got to feel the baby move yesterday on our 20 week mark - we were laying in bed and when the baby started kicking, I put his hand on my belly and felt a couple of big kicks! I love that I can share that with him. It's unreal to think that we will have a little baby to share a family bond with, who will look up to us as loving parents, guides, and protectors.
Again, this post is 4 days too late, but again, I had no time & energy to blog this pas week. So, here I am, on my one day off.
I'm sure I'll be adding this to the questionnaire below, but I had several momentous days last week! :)
- Baby moved on Wednesday. It wasn't like "was that gas?"... It was definitely something tapping me from inside. Definitely. The baby is moving and I've felt movement every day since. It's the most weird, bizzare, and awesome experience all rolled into one.
- The BIG ultrasound. It was actually kind of anti-climactic. Not that it wasn't cool, but when you read all the hype on the Bump, and that's all you've been waiting for for months, it's slightly deflating. :) But it was awesome. We got to see the baby's organs (stomach, heart, brain matter, kidneys, etc etc), and Little V seems to be growing right on schedule. The tech couldn't tell the sex... umbelical cord in the way and the legs crossed. Hopefully all the analysis come back good.
- My brother's back in the States! He flew into Houston and we met him at College Station, where he will be attending Texas A&M. It's really really good to have him here. Really. I love it.
- Was in Dallas for Grandma and Grandpa Vandy's concert on Saturday night. That was good. It was broadway concert, and I didn't know most of the songs, but it was fun anyway. And the baby loved it! Was so active throughout the concert.
Our baby V's gorgeous profile pics. :D (They're the same, just different color. Check out the nose and the lips!! Hope the baby has Daddy's perfect nose...)
OMG I think I just felt the baby move. No "flutter" or "popcorn", it was definitely something (hopefully the baby...) thumping me. Holy crap. Awesome, but VERY WEIRD.
OK, so a couple days late on this. But this time, I have a picture to post! :) I can definitely tell I've gained a bit (or quite a bit...) of weight. Any amount of weight I gain, goes directly to my cheeks, and pregnancy gain has been no different. Anyway. I keep telling myself, it's all for the baby. (as I enjoy delicious pistachio almond ice cream...)
It's been a really frustrating day. I looked over my Grace list and I thought, "Man, it's impossible to think of any today..." But then I thought maybe this is the kind of day that reflecting on my graces is more vital than on a day where graces come easily.
I've always had things about my body that I didn't like. I'm sure most of the girls do. One of the huge complexes I had was my belly button. I have a gigantic (or so I think, my husband disagrees with me...) crater for a belly button.
OK, so I really do need to take pictures of me at week 16 this weekend. I haven't taken pictures since week 13 I think. But in the last week or so, I've grown visibly, so I would like to document it. :) It's been pretty windy/cold/rainy/stormy out for the last week, so I haven't been able to plant my strawberries, which has been the biggest bummer of the week. Tomatoes are still doing well, and I've kept the banana pepper plant inside, as it is very small and fragile-looking, and with the Oklahoma wind, well, I don't want it to get swept away.
- Wonderful in-laws that I get along with, who live close to us. I can't have my family, but at least we can be with Kris' family! I see a lot of people who don't get along with their in-laws - I'm graced with ones that I love.
- Skype, the most wonderful technology ever developed.
- Breakfast. Omelette & hash browns, with lots of ketchup.
- My husband, who has (seemingly) infinite patience when it comes to dealing with me.
- Lemon drops, that my mother in law picks up for me at truck stops. They're the BEST. I'm willing to share. :)