I've been working on a personal site that I've maintained since before I even got involved with Drupal. It's been iteratively migrated and upgraded from those early days on pmachine to its current iteration on Drupal 7. Obviously, I've been planning to upgrade it to the newest Drupal 8. All in all, this has gone pretty well, but as a big contributor to Layout Builder, I really wanted to use it on the site as much as possible. This hasn't gone anywhere close to how I would have liked. :-(
In my last blog, I talked a bunch about some of the basics of our development efforts around Acquia ContentHub 2.x. There's a lot more I'd like to discuss about that module and the efforts our team has put into it, but one of the comments I got on twitter specifically asked about the Drush commands we packaged with 2.x, how they're used, and what you can do with them, so in an effort to both continue discussing the good work of the team, and the capabilities of the product, I'm going to dedicate this blog to that topic.
So my blog's been offline for a while now. I think there was a security issue sometime around 8.2.2 because I just upgraded the public version of the site from 8.2.1 directly to 8.8.1. I actually did an upgrade to 8.8.0 alpha-something that I used to bootstrap the upgrade to 8.8.1, but public-facing the site made a pretty big jump. Some of this is due to laziness on my part, but a pretty significant portion of my disappearance has been due to a new (to this blog) position within Acquia.
Drupal 8 has been out for over a year at this point. I worked extensively on helping to improve portions of core during the Drupal 8 cycle, but maintaining your own site is radically different from trying to develop the platform that site(s) will reside upon. Upgrading my blog is especially exciting for me because I was still on Drupal 6. Getting to jump directly from Drupal 6 to Drupal 8 is a pretty big win and the fact that Drupal 8 supports this out of the box was amazing. Now granted this is just my blog, it's not even 100 nodes, but still...